The following protocols have been approved by the Boone County Health Department and will be implemented on-site whenever possible to provide a safe and comfortable experience for our guests.
- This year we are also offering an awesome alternative to the onsite event through a virtual tour experience. This provides a way for people to still experience the homes if they are unable to attend in person or prefer not to wear a mask.
- Expectations for On-Site Guests:
- MASKS ARE REQUIRED for site workers and all attendees to enter the Home-A-Rama event site, while inside the homes, and throughout the duration of the tour.
- Do not enter the site if you have symptoms of COVID-19 or a fever of 100.4 F or higher (symptoms include: fever, cough, shortness of breath, fatigue, aches, sore throat, recent loss of taste or smell ). If you are sick or part of a vulnerable population (Guests 65 and older and those with known high-risk medical conditions), please stay home and take advantage of our virtual experience instead!
- Please practice safe social distancing by staying at least 6 feet away from other people outside your household.
- Wash your hands thoroughly (20 seconds) and regularly use soap or hand sanitizer when available.
- Avoid touching your facing and direct contact with others.
Capacities and Social Distancing
- Tickets will be sold ONLINE ONLY this year, by arrival time blocks per half-hour with limited capacities in order to appropriately monitor and regulate the number of people onsite at a time, avoid crowding at check-in, and stagger guests throughout the homes.
- Within the 10-acre event site, attendees will be spread out throughout the 11 homes, which all surpass 5,000 square feet. With the ticket capacity measures in place, this yields an estimated 100 square feet minimum radius of social distance per person on-site at any given time, not including the garages, outdoor patios and expansive street space between homes.
- Guests will receive guidance at check-in to start at different houses rather than following the original house order, again allowing for further social distancing and spreading out throughout the homes.
- One-way routing through the homes will be recommended to minimize attendee contact when possible.
- CDC recommendations are being implemented and followed.
- Professional cleaning crews will be on-site daily to sanitize the homes, and high-touch surfaces in homes and throughout the site will be wiped down throughout the day.
- Hand sanitizer stations are available throughout the site.
- Weather-permitting, windows and doors will be open in the homes to allow for better airflow circulation.
- Scanning apps will be utilized for hands-free check-in at the ticket booth.
Staff and Volunteer Screening
- All staff, contract workers, and volunteers will take their own temperature each day prior to arriving onsite.
- All site workers will be asked to answer screening questions.
- Masks are required for attendees and workers inside houses, required for BAGI staff at ticket booth, as well as contract workers and volunteers throughout site at all times. Masks will be available at the ticket booth if someone shows up without one.